Friday, March 14, 2014

The Other Little Man - Bien

So as promised on my last post, here's a quick story about my second son, the youngest for now. I and my husband still wish for a baby girl, though.

Some of his latest photos:






I had a C-Section on my first boy so it wasn't advisable for a mom who has just been on a CS to bear a child again, at least for 2 years. Much to my surprise and to my husband, I was pregnant once again when my little one, PJ, was merely 9 months old. I had to say it was really difficult for me since I had to continue working to support our finances while at the same time saving for the due date. I juggled work and motherhood, and being a wife too. I needed to wake up at wee hours to bottle-fed PJ which could probably one of the reasons I was anemic during my pregnancy, then get up at 5 am to prepare for work. As they say preggies need to have lots of rest but to my dismay, I wasn't given many opportunities to have it. Anyway, the 9 months passed by so quickly and through GOD'S AMAZING GRACE, I had a normal delivery. No fundal push. No Oxytocin. Just Nipple Stimulation (which I didn't believe to be effective when I was still a nursing student/nurse intern). And of course, I couldn't be grateful enough for my OB. She's the best in town. Imagine, she attends to about 20 patients a day. Although she was kind of strict on my weight gain and diet because we both wanted to have a normal delivery, she was very motherly. She treated me with so much kindness and sincerity. No wonder why she gets to have lots of patients.

Here are his first few photos. I was able to have him on the 3rd day because he went on an antibiotic treatment which was due to my UTI. It was such a painful moment for me not being able to hold my dear baby close to me and had almost no idea how he was since the nursery room was a bit far from my room.






So much for that, I want to tell you that I had the most painful experience on my entire existence during the last 2 hours of my labor. You wouldn't know how painful labor pains are until you get to experience them. I was just so thankful for the pieces of advice slash tips-for-faster-and-less-painful-labor my loved ones and my OB kept on telling me. If it weren't for those things, I might have undergone a long and very very very painful labor. Btw, I went to the hospital at around 1 am where I was already 4 cm dilated. Then by 5 am it was about 7 cm and by 7:30, I was transferred into the delivery room. Remembering the pains I had, I just wouldn't want to be pregnant again, not even in my imagination. Yes, that's me being very honest to the point of hurting my hubby. But, a big BUT, if we are financially equipped the moment we decide to have a baby again, I'll have CS. Haha. When I gave birth to my first boy, I reached 7 cm with so little pain. That's why I never expected labor pains could really be that painful on my second child. BUT, another big but, the happiness I felt when I first heard my baby cried, when the doctors put him on my chest, and when I held him next to me on the recovery room, all the pains were washed away. It was a kind of happiness only a mother could know.


Here he was on his 1st birthday.





He is now 1 year and 2 months old. Oh, he's getting bigger and naughtier. He walks around the house like a boss! And his older brother the CEO! haha. Before I forget, his name is Procie Benjamin, Bien for short.







No comments:

Post a Comment