Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Mother's Day Dilemma: Kids or Work?



Being on a hiatus for I guess two months blanked my mind on what to post on this blog. I've been very busy with household chores and child-rearing ever since the kids' nanny and our household help left us. The latter without any notice. So it gave me no choice but to work around the house while sacrificing the little joys of my heart. One of them was blogging. And the other one is work. But few days ago, an answered prayer arrived in our house and there were two of them. Oh! How God could be so right on time. And that means I'm back on track and soon enough I'll be working. Am I really ready to work after five long months of me and the kids alone? The past five months have been a roller-coaster-mommy-stage for me. Throwback 2011, three months after giving birth to my eldest son, I left him on the nanny's care cause I gotta return to my job. It was terribly painful but what pained me more was that the nanny knew better what my child wanted and what every single act he did meant. Worse, he was sick almost every month. I just don't want to repeat the same mistakes again. That's why when I gave birth to my second son I finally decided to be a stay at home working mom. And yes, it did work! But to tell you it could be one of the most difficult jobs a person can have. Anyway, I'll talk about that soon. Getting back, being with my two awesome tykes for the past five months, made me knew them deeper. I love how I get to take care of them every single second of the day. A job I so simply enjoy doing. So much more if I get paid. Haha! I don't mind the eye bags, the sleepless nights (since I gave birth to Bien the nights have always been sleepless and to think he's more than a year older now) and the empty pockets both left and right. I may have stopped earning but the time I get to spend with them while seeing them grow right in front of my eyes is absolutely priceless. Just a thought, if only all the working moms can quit their jobs and spend their time on their kids, they will all do so. I did. I took a risk. Though I know it won't last. I don't know how many more weeks are left for me to spend all my time to my two precious gifts. This is making me sad already. I'd better stop now.

Even so, I won't end this post without an answer to my own question: Am I really ready to work? No, but I have to. I love my kids so much that only God knows how much I am willing to sacrifice everything for them. And because I wasn't born rich I gotta work my ass off so I can start saving for their future and give them the life they more than deserve. So much so, if I want to send them to the best school there is in this city, then I better start earning now.


I just realized that I didn't have a topic until I started blabbing. It's past midnight yet today is the day for us mothers (let our husband and kids spoil us..hahaha!) so before I doze off here's a shout out for all of us mothers and that includes even the single daddies: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment